Christ came into the world to save sinners

Salvation is a gift from God, which was paid at the price of blood through His beloved son Jesus. Christ was crucified so us could to obtain salvation, even without us deserving it.

Something we must remember is that Jesus came into the world out of love, so that we may have life and life in abundance, and it is for this reason that the Apostle Paul reminds the Ephesians the purpose of Christ when He came to this world:

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

1 Timothy 1:15

Many times we think that Jesus came to look for righteous people, however, remember the words of the Master when they saw Him meeting with publicans and sinners:

11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick”.

Matthew 9:11-12

And this is why Paul reminds us that Jesus came to save sinners, and the same apostle considered himself one of them, when he says at the end of verse 15 of 1 Timothy 1 “of which I am the worst.” And since he was a sinner, he continues saying:

16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 1:16-17

Let’s not forget that we are simple sinners and that God showed His mercy for us by giving His only Son so that we could be saved.

8 thoughts on “Christ came into the world to save sinners

• March 24, 2019 at 12:21 pm

Thanks for this beautiful piece. Many blessings to you.

• April 5, 2019 at 5:00 am

I believe in the everlasting life. The Lord Jesus is my refuge. On him I will trust. To his name be glory..

“Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.”

• April 5, 2019 at 12:32 pm

THANK YOU JESUS FOR ANOTHER DAYI GIVE YOU THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME I COULDN’T MAKE IT THROUGH EACH DAY WITHOUT YOU LORD THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME JESUS I GIVE YOU ALL THE PRAISE GLORY AND HONOR I LOVE YOU LORD JESUS CHRIST IN YOUR NAME I PRAY AMEN AND AMEN.

• April 5, 2019 at 1:06 pm

To the king of kings and lord of lords be all glory honor and praise, I love the lord with all my heart and thank him for giving up his life on calvery cross to save a wretch like me,I am was like dog and sorcerer like filthy rags ,and he reach down so low to snatch me from a horrible pit. I don’t have enough words in my mouth to give him the praise and worship he deserves. Hallelujah. He paid the price I owed that I could not pay,and I don’t deserve it. I thank you master I thank you.

• September 20, 2020 at 12:43 pm

Amen!!! Lord Thank You For Honoring Us With Your Only Forgotten Son Jesus Christ So that We May Be Forgiven Of Our Sins!! Thank You Father God! Father Thank Your For The Many Blessings You Have Given Me And My Family. Lord You Know Our Burdens As Well As Our Struggles I Put All My Trust In You Father! Lord I Love You! I Praise You! Lord I Honor You With The Highest Praise! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Thank You God!!!! Amen!!!